Results Day 2021
This is been a challenging year for us all, but I am very proud of the way we have worked together and supported each other.
Remember that results day can feel stressful for everyone, no matter what you are awarded. Success in life is never determined solely by academic achievements and is rarely limited by them. You have worked incredibly hard in very difficult circumstances and we are very proud of you.
Support on results day
Please do not leave school until you have had the advice that you need: we will be here to give advice from issuing results at 09:30 to when the academy building closes at 11:30 – just ask to speak to a member of the careers team.
If you would like to speak to someone on the phone or send an email, please contact Jackie Fielding (Careers Officer) on [email protected]
Once you have received your results, you may also wish to discuss your options for courses starting in September. Even if you have not received the results you were expecting, our colleagues across the Cabot Learning Federation can support you with your next steps.
CLF Post 16 is the Cabot Learning Federation’s post-16 centre of education, based at John Cabot Academy and Bristol Brunel Academy. The curriculum includes a range of Level 2 and Level 3 vocational courses and a full breadth of A Level qualifications. Visit www.post16.clf.uk or to have a chat with a member of CLF Post 16 staff about your options if you are still undecided or need advice, you can book a Guidance Meeting by calling 0117 988 2525. To enrol for September courses, visit CLF P16 Enrolment – September 2021 (Page 1 of 3) (office.com).
Digitech Studio School Bristol delivers a specialised curriculum in creative, digital and high-tech sectors. In Year 12&13 the school offers a joint diploma in creative digital media and multidisciplinary art on site.
Digitech also works in partnership with Boomsatsuma and the Robins Foundation (Bristol City Football) to deliver specialist courses in specialist settings. Course information is available via the websites for Digitech, Boomsatsuma and Robins Foundation
We offer a wide choice of Post 16 courses at our academy including:
- A Levels
- Innovative pathways and qualifications such as eSports and Brief-based Media & Design
- Dance with Angels Dance Academy
Why study at Winterstoke Hundred?
- We’re part of the Cabot Learning Federation, with 19 academies in North Somerset, Bristol & South Gloucestershire and a wealth of experience in Post 16
- We’re a smaller-scale, school-based provision, ideal if you’re looking for more focused support and guidance
- We have a modern, state-of-the-art building with excellent facilities
- All students will have access to a variety of pastoral care, guidance and advice
- Students will also have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of extracurricular activities including sports, volunteering, mentoring, leisure activities, community service and charity work
Places still available this September. To find out more or apply contact us today.
How grades were awarded
You know your teachers have used the work you have completed since the start of your course to determine the teacher assessed grade. As a reminder we have:
- Adhered to the Centre Policy which has been reviewed by awarding organisation. You can read the policy https://hanspriceacademy.clf.uk/policies/
- Provided effective provision of access arrangements and taken into consideration adverse circumstances.
- Ensured accurate recording and checking of information.
- Ensured high standard of internal quality assurance across the academy and the Cabot Learning Federation.
- Kept students and parents informed of the approach taken and sources of evidence used in determining grades.
Should you feel you would like a formal review of one or more of the grades you have been given you will be able to request a Centre Review and make an appeal to the awarding organisation. This must be done using the JCQ Centre Review and Appeal form. You can collect a form today or download a copy from the website https://hanspriceacademy.clf.uk/policies/ A Centre Review must be completed before you can make an appeal to the awarding body, the deadline for requesting a Centre Review is 31/08/21
Please note that Centre Reviews can only be requested after you have received your results.